My ONE Word for 2013 – FreedomFiled Under Featured Articles, Focus, Quotes & Scriptures
It was the heart of my Pastor, Helen Burns to put it together. A lovely lady in our church Idelette McVicker took the reigns and said that she would help put words to the stories of women on this earth.
Of course the minute they started talking about putting together a website my ears perked up and the next week I met up with the girls at a local coffee shop who were launching this beautiful site.
I say it like it was an easy thing but really it was not. Meeting up with other girls and sharing heart stuff wasn’t something I was looking forward to.
But it turned out to be a beautiful meeting that I will never forget. We laughed, we prayed and we spent time together dreaming for something that we knew God was directing.
There have been stories I never imagined would be written.
So many that it’s even a bit overwhelming for me to even think about the effect and the lives they are touching.
As I’m planning my business for 2013 I know it’s looking very different from what I ever would have planned before. It’s the first time I’ve brought true heart into my business and I can’t wait to see how the next year unfolds for not only me but others I can help to launch their own DREAMS in a big way.
I will never forget what it was like to feel like you had nothing, little to no income, love or support. That’s probably why I’m the biggest cheerleader to others when they have a small spark of something lighting up in their eyes on what they want to do in this life.
do not wait…. ever – if there’s a dream in your heart you must act now
It’s in my nature to be a cheerleader and I’m seeing it more and more as I get older. I love to support others into their dreams and I love to challenge people to dream so much bigger. Especially when God is in the mix and leading us.
So while you’re dreaming up plans for your business this year of 2013 I challenge you to join this really cool internet movement that’s happening right now.
Remember do not wait, act now and dream bigger!
If things aren’t working out in your business or you have been challenged with what is the best direction to take you need to take a step back, relax and focus on what it is that you are wanting to accomplish.
I’d like to first take you back to what my one word was for last year.
I knew that I could use my hands and chose to start greeting people at the door at my church on Sunday’s. I knew that it was my nature to connect with people and I knew it would fill my heart to meet and make new friends in the church.
My hands have “high-fived” countless kids that have come barreling through the door.
My hands have touched so many different people that there’s no way I could count in the last year. But the best part for me was hugging those who came up the walkway in tears.
Just a little hug to be there for someone who was truly hurting and needs some comfort.
I’ve been on the door for both services on Sunday’s in the last year and I don’t have plans to leave unless I feel God directing me to something else. For now, I’m a permanent fixture there for both services every Sunday morning.
Here’s a picture in the rain, there I am with my daughter on the left.
(You should come by and say hello – I guarantee you will walk out a changed person)
My Biz Planning for 2013
I’m still planning away my business, just this morning I had to put everything away because my two kittens were making trouble with the papers.
This year is very different for me.
I’m planning products, a retreat, a community and fun for women who want to not only have a business but truly something that supports the life they have.
I have a huge excitement in my spirit that has been gone for quite some time. It’s big, I know it. I know because it’s the path that God has me on.
I can’t remember where I read this but it went something like this,
“You just have to step on the path, you don’t have to see the end, God will direct your steps.”
It’s quite possible this was something my Pastor said in service but I’m not sure, it’s a neat way to look at it.
The other reason I know this is BIG is because I know exactly how my business increased so massively when God was NOT in the lead.
Oh boy, this is huge!
I know it with every part of who I am, God is directing my business for the first time ever.
I’m excited! So let’s chat about my word for this year.
Recently I offered to do some more writing about the story of my daughter going through cancer. There were so many moments that God showed so clearly how He was with us.
Idelette said, “Well our theme for February is FREE”
It’s possible my post won’t get published in February because the site is so very popular now and lots of women submitting their stories (which makes me so happy because I just love what the site represents) ……
but the word FREE resonated with me in a massive way.
My One Word Is Freedom
I choose to claim this word for myself this year because I truly need to feel the freedom God created me to live in.
- freedom to be who I am — no expectations — just to be ME
- freedom to allow my business to flow
- freedom to be creative in my biz
- freedom to encourage others because I know this is a huge part of who I am
- freedom to be all that God created me to be
- freedom to love those who love me
- freedom to take time and plan a massive dream for myself
- freedom to plan a biz retreat to love and inspire other women in their biz
- freedom to know that God’s plan is unique over my life
- freedom to jump into the unknown
- freedom to take time away and enjoy it
- freedom to take the steps that I can see in front of me
- freedom to take complete control of my finances (exciting!)
- freedom to bless many who come across my path
- freedom to embrace others
- freedom to take a break, take a walk and breathe in the fresh air
- freedom to have the wildly crazy dreams that will inspire
- freedom to know that God provides everything I need
- freedom to see the seeds that are starting to sprout out of my heart
- freedom to combine my business with who I am
- freedom to be proud of my accomplishments
- freedom to help women in business and to love them
- freedom to explore my life
- freedom to share the tools I know will help others
- freedom to spread the news far and wide
- freedom to step into this time of my life
- freedom to lay down a serious foundation for what’s to come
- freedom to know that Jesus nailed everything to the cross — so there’s really nothing to worry about
I’m sure there’s so much more I can write about this but I think this is perfect just the way it is. I encourage you to join the movement over at SheLovesMagazine.com and OneWord365.com. It will focus your heart so you can be intentional about your biz & life this year.